All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

5/28/2007

A Few Words

To those living and dead who:

Served in peacetime,
Served this country in a popular war,
Served in an unpopular war,
Carried a gun, drove a tank, sailed a ship, few a plane,
Sat behind a desk,
Pushed papers, or pushed a broom,
Did the job asked whether common or heroic.

Regardless if you:
Were wounded and bled,
Made it into Arlington,
Made it home,
Whereabouts still unknown.

You have allowed me to:
Hold a good job,
Provide for my family,
Live in peace,
Enjoy time with those I love,
Play with my little boy,
Work in the yard,
Grill out,
Enjoy the benefits of freedom you purchased.

I remember and I thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment