All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

7/21/2007

Fishing

This has been one busy summer. I've been swamped with projects. On the 4th I did manage to get away for the day. I went to do a little fishing and enjoy some time in the mountains.

These are lupine and some other white mountain flower that I don't know the name of. June is usually the best month for lupine but this year they stayed into July. Mrs. Ipsa and I try to get a trip in to see them at least once a year but this year she didn't feel like making the trip, secretly I think she wanted me to have a day off just to fish and unwind.

A young cut throat trout, he's only about 10 inches.



Our church has been without a minister since last fall. The last two quarters I've been filling in with the teaching and preaching on a regular basis. This helped motivate me to serve on the search committee. I think we found the right man. He's been published professionally and I for one am looking forward to some one on one instruction . I think he's a great man in the pulpit too. You gotta admit he's got a cool hobby.

My other full time job is Daddy. I've been investing a lot of time in this project. We play games. "Daddy chase the ball", "Airborne baby" and "Baby drop" are favorites. Other games are being discouraged like; "Turn the knobs on the stereo", "Stick stuff in the VHS and DVD player" and the most recent favorite, "Crawl as fast as you can, then rip all the books off the shelf and start crinkling them up". I'll be investing in kiddy proof locks for the drawers as soon as I remember to buy some when I'm in town.

Speaking of home improvement projects, I put in new steal garage doors and I'm working on a drip irrigation system. The garden needs major weeding and I haven't weed whipped the yard since April, and it shows. I made it out to shoot pistol league once, that night they called it off for the 4th. That was just as well, I decided to get in some practice and I sucked. You've got to pull the trigger regularly if you want to be any good. Life is busy but fun.

I haven't been around on the blogs much. I'm still working in the field. I used to have a blog topic pop into my head and since I was sitting near the computer I'd dash off a post. Now I compose posts in my head and forget to write them up at the end of the day. I hope your summer is going well and I wish the best for you and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment