All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

11/27/2007

Choices

I’d like some input from the gun nut crowd. I’m still working towards my 1K goal. I’m still in the rebuilding the gun stage. I know I should be further along, hunting season and taking on extra work have been slowing up the process. I’m at the point where I’m looking at adding two important components and I’d like your thoughts.

As way of reminder this is for a 7mm-08 built on a Remington 700 short action. Item number one: a new stock. I’m pretty much sold on doing a Bell and Carlson full aluminum bedded stock. I have two choices that I’m considering. Choice number one is the VARMINT/TAC S/A MEDALIST STOCK, and choice number two is the fully adjustable VARMINT/TACTICAL STOCK. Question does anyone have any personal experience with either stock? I’m leaning towards the adjustable stock, thoughts?

Item number two. I’m thinking about rebarreling the bad boy with either a Krieger or a Hart heavy, fluted barrel. Of course I’ll have it trued and accurized etc. Any thoughts on length or barrel preference?

No comments:

Post a Comment