All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

9/28/2009

Job

Well, what can I say? I can pee drug free and the other guy can't. To be fair, I was told he wasn't a hard worker either. Which brings us to today's employment lesson: "If you're going to be a pothead, be a hard working pothead". Otherwise some middle age guy who can say things like "no sir, I won't use the company cell phone to arrange to buy drugs, and yes I'll show up at 8:00am", will have a good chance of getting hired for your job.

Starting Thursday I have a new job. Although it is far from my dream job, it is a better job than the one I just quit. More importantly as it stands right now, I have somewhere between 8 and 10 days off during elk season, with several of them coming in a big block. So at least until I either a.) kill an elk or b.) season ends, I won't be in a big hurry to get another job. Not that I would mind a better job. I still have dozens of resumes out. I just won't be desperate to find new work and I can now afford to be selective in the next job I take.

Thanks to everyone for their prayers and well wishes while I was going nuts over the job issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment