Donna Jackson, 57, was on the phone with 911 for more than ten minutes reporting an intruder at her home when she shot and killed the man, Billy Dean Riley. The incident was captured on tape by the 911 dispatcher. Riley entered Jackson's home after breaking a glass door by throwing a patio table through it. Jackson shot him once in the chest with a 16-gauge shotgun.
Excerpts from the 911 tape.
"Do you have a gun"
"You have to protect yourself"
"Dear God Please hurry"
"I don't want to kill him"
"I will kill him...graveyard dead, ma'am
Hear it for yourself.
At the end of the tape you hear Mrs. Jackson praying for forgiveness after killing her assailant. Some observations:
1. The 911 dispatcher told Mrs. Jackson that it was OK to defend her property and herself. GOOD JOB!
2. The 911 dispatcher told Mrs. Jackson that it was OK after she killed Billy Dean Riley and that she had to do it. Again GOOD JOB!
3. Apparently the cops refused to arrest Mrs. Jackson. GOOD JOB!
4. The prosecutor has said that this incident must be investigated as a murder. However, he is declining to press any charges against Mrs. Jackson. GOOD JOB!
5. Mrs. Jackson's parents raised a women who remembers to say ma'am and be proper on the phone even when someone is trying to kill her and who prays in the midst of battle. GOOD JOB and God Bless the South!
6. Mrs. Jackson did what she had to do. I am tremendously sorry she had to go through this. I cannot bring myself to honor a killing no matter how justified with a "good job". I am very grateful that we still have Donna Jackson with us and that this encounter turned out as it did. I can't see Mrs. Jackson accepting a "good job" from me. No doubt she would have been much happier with being left alone.
7. Oklahoma's "Make My Day Law" seems to be working as it should. Good Job!
It will take you all of 5 min to find Mrs. Donna Jackson of Stroud OK address if you want to send her a card.