All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

2/03/2010

A Brush with Fame

I know I've mentioned my shooting hobbies here before. Recently Mark Hampton published an article in American Handgunner about this last summers 1000 yard pistol shoot in Sundance.

Some how he remembered that he received much, and I do mean much, spoting help from the guy shooting next to him on the line. He even said thank you. He just forgot my name. Other than that its not a bad article.

And yes two fifteen year olds did win in both the heavy and light classes. Becky is a fine shot. Eric's winning 8in group would have been more spectacular if he hadn't blown one of his shots. 4 of his 5 shots were sub 2 inches at 1,000 yards, incidentally that would have beaten the current 1,000 yard world record for 5 shots from a rifle.

I can say with pride that Becky didn't beat me. Mostly because I didn't have a light gun so I wasn't able to shoot in that category. This year will be different. This year I own a Thor so Becky will have a fair shot at kicking my butt too.

Here's Mark's Article.

If this sounds like fun to you, why not make plans to join us this next June?

No comments:

Post a Comment