All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

4/09/2011

Catch Up

Its hard to believe over a month is gone. I've "written" several posts in my head over the last month but never managed to get them typed.

A couple of weeks back a local kid offed himself. We had to deal with that. The kid is well known, the family well liked and despite the fact town is growing more than I'd like, we are a small town at hart. At the same time two girls about the same age, from a neighboring town rolled their suv. Neither were wearing their seat belts and both died in the wreck. Its hard for me to conjure a tear for any of these kids. I do feel very sorry for their families.

I'm teaching our teenagers at church. We had a Sexual Purity Seminar a couple of weekends ago. This has made for some interesting conversations with the teens. For instance: "Does this boy (at school) just want to get into my pants?" Me: "Um yes". Her: "But I just want to talk and be friends, why does he think he can have that?" Me: "Because I'm standing here talking to you at church and I can see your cleavage and the under wire part of your bra. I can only guess what your wearing when your talking to him. Guys are visual and if we can see it, we assume its on the menu." Her girl friends were nodding their heads but they didn't seem to want to get in on the 'you dress like a tramp and thats what guys think they can have' bandwagon.

On the hobby front I'm slowly trying to get enough cash together to compete at least once this summer. I'm hopping that I'll do well enough to win back the basic cost of going to the competition. I'm going to try for the Sundance shoot again, maybe if I post a decent sub MOA at 1,000 yards I'll make an attempt at a sanctioned 1000 yard bench-rest rifle match.

No comments:

Post a Comment