All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

6/30/2012

Spinning Hamster

Conversation overheard at work Friday.

Brunette: I know why I'm still single.
Blond: Why?
Brunette: I never forward those emails.
Blond: What emails?
Brunette: Those emails that say forward this to 10 people in the next 10 minutes or you will have bad luck.
Blond: What?
Brunette: I never forward them and that’s why I never get asked out.

Seriously, I gave up on the conversation after that. There were 3 girls one 24 taking her little sister and her friend to celebrate her little sisters 21st birthday the next day. The two sisters were blond and the friend was brunette. All three were what I would call “all American cute”. They were all at least a solid 6 on the Res Ipsa realistic rating scale. The brunette was the cutest and had the largest chest. However she seems to have “issues” attracting men. I didn’t take time to analyze what those issues could have been. However, I think she could have solved all of them by not talking and smiling and nodding whenever a male member of the species talked to her. I’m sure following that strategy she could be married by the end of the next term if that was what she has her hopes set on.

No comments:

Post a Comment