All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

8/26/2012

Rio Blanco

I made the annual Ipsa Family peach run last weekend.  20 hours of driving in a 30 hour time slot.  I love the west slope and could live there.  I could almost see us running our own organic orchard and truck farm.  We managed to get all 180 lbs of peaches canned.  Mrs. Ipsa finished up the last canner of pears this afternoon.  I stumbled across some tomatoes when I was in CO so I bought a bushel and made and canned some spaghetti sauce this last week too.  In other words I've had little time for blogging.  On the other hand I managed to score some beef bones on my trip and now have 36 quarts of stock ready to go on the stove.  I'll get that going and head to bed just as soon as the chicken stock is finished in the canner.

I hope all is well in your gardens and your packing away lots of good food for the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment