All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

8/10/2016

BJW -- Summer

What did the pig say on a hot summer day? – I’m bacon!

Why do bananas use sunscreen? – Because they peel.

Why are gulls named seagulls? – If they were by the bay, they’d be bagels.

Why don’t oysters share their pearls? – Because they’re shellfish.

Which letter is the coolest? – Iced t.

What do you call a snowman in July? – A puddle.

What do sheep do on sunny days? – Have a baa-baa-cue.

What did one tide pool say to the other tide pool?- Show me your mussels
.
What do you call a fish with no eyes? – A fsh.

What happens when you throw a green rock into the Red Sea? – It gets wet.

What does a bee do when it is hot? – He takes off his yellow jacket. 

What holds the sun up in the sky? – Sunbeams.

What race is never run? – A swimming race.

When do you go at red and stop at green? – When you’re eating a watermelon.

Why did the man love his barbecue? – Because it was the grill of his dreams.

What is the best day to go to the beach? – SUNday.

What does the sun drink out of? – Sunglasses.

What did the ocean say to the sailboat? – Nothing it just waved.

18 comments:

  1. WaterBoy12:17 AM

    How's it going, man? Haven't seen anything new except the BJW queue, and that appears to have dried up, too.

    Hope all is well....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan1:00 PM

      I've kind of been wondering the same thing. I hope his health or employment didn't take a turn.

      The positive side of me is going to continue thinking that he is on vacation with his family.

      Delete
  2. Res Ipsa12:52 PM

    Blogger has blocked my access since July 21st.

    They refuse to send me a access link to my res ipsa account so I can reset my password. So far no attempts to get them to look at my account have reached a real person. I keep trying.

    I'd be blogging if I could.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WaterBoy1:21 PM

      If all else fails, you could create a new account and blog, post a link here to the new one, and carry on as normal.

      Unless Blogger has a dead man's date, this blog will continue to exist as an archive to which you can refer back.

      Delete
  3. Susan2:50 PM

    Hi Res!!! Sounds to me like somebody is in censor mode at Blogger. They won't admit it of course but I would bet that somebody of the snowflake persuasion doesn't like Christians.

    That sounds like a good solution WaterBoy if Blogger lets it happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Res Ipsa1:12 PM

    I've been thinking about doing what WB mentioned. If I do I may consider using Word Press or something else.

    I've got an interview on Friday. If it pans out I'll be moving, so getting the blog going will have to take a back seat to that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WaterBoy1:20 PM

      Absolutely, as it should. Best of luck with the interview!

      Delete
  5. Res Ipsa1:35 PM

    I am happily working at his new job, with a new fancy title, doing interesting work for people who appreciate it. I'm also living in a tiny apartment with no internet and going home on the weekend to visit the family. The (I hope) final sentencing hearing will be this Thursday. As soon as I get internet back on a regular basis I will look into starting a new blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WaterBoy10:55 AM

      Good news, man. So glad that things are working out for you, on at least some fronts.

      If there's a public library where your tiny apartment is located, they typically have free Internet access. There's also a host of free Wi-Fi hotspots around, but beware the spoofed ones who are looking to siphon your account details.

      Delete
  6. Res -- Glad to hear you've got things in the works. Good luck on the new job, you've been needing one for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous4:53 AM

    leona@mail.postmanllc.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Res Ipsa9:14 AM

    Merry Christmas my friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WaterBoy on 12/24/20169:23 PM

      Merry Christmas to you, as well. Hope all is going well....

      Delete
  10. Merry Christmas, man. Keep us updated on things.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WaterBoy2:07 PM

    Res Ipsa, have you seen this news about Magpul?

    This is the company that left Colorado after our dunderhead legislature and Governor signed passed the law that limited new magazine capacity to 15 or fewer. Magpul said if they can no longer sell their products in the state they are made, they'll just move production to another state that will, instead. Wyoming won, and now the company just inked a huge contract to provide magazines to the USMC, with all the new jobs that come with it.

    Ever consider a career in manufacturing?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Res Ipsa12:24 PM

    I knew about the MagPul story. I hope they do well with the contract. I have thought about manufacturing. If I had some extra capital I have a line on some good CNC equip and a possible class III contract.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year Res.
    AJW308

    ReplyDelete