All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

10/14/2018

One Week Challange

I've been asked to look into facilitating a Dave Ramsey class.  I've done this before and it can be both fun and irritating.  I'm seriously considering doing it again.

Dave doesn't have this in his class but its a technique I've used before to help people save for buying a house.  Here's the challenge:

Go one solid week without buying a single thing.  No groceries.  No gas.  No Cokes or coffees. No eating out.  You have to live on what you have in your house.  This means brown bagging it everyday for lunch.  You get an "out".  If you have a bill you need to pay it.  Otherwise no spending on anything.

I'm making myself do it this week, just to see if I still can.  All my bills are paid for the month so I'm not worried about that.  I'm giving myself one "out".  I sometimes need to travel for work on short notice, so if I go out of town for work or have to entertain for business, I can spend the company's money.

My only worry is that I forgot to fill up the truck and only have a touch over half a tank of gas.  We'll see if I make it.

2 comments:

  1. WaterBoy1:42 PM

    Good luck with the challenge. You can always use your "out" to fill up the gas tank if you have to make an out-of-town trip, also.

    Last year my office was moved from the city to a location further out, and my daily commute increased by 40 miles (round trip). It also cut down on cheaper lunch options, so I started buying "work groceries" for a week at a time since we have a fridge and microwave in our office. Started saving a lot of money on food, but it's all going back out in gas, instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. black9:40 PM

    Great idea! I'm going to attempt converting to a cash budget again...

    ReplyDelete