All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

1/07/2007

A Good Christmas

No matter if you believe Jesus was born on December 25th or not, Christmas time is all about one thing, the gifts. This year my family finally listened to my wishes and got me something I’ve wanted for years.

That’s right I’ve got a new hobby. I’ve finally gotten into fly tying. I’ve wanted to do this for a lot of reasons. Mostly because it looked fun. I also thought it would be cheaper than buying flies. The little kit I put together for the picture set me back $200 bucks and I still don’t have enough materials to build all the flies I fish with. Who am I kidding, I don’t care if it’s less money or not. I love doing it. It’s a blast. Nothing else feeds your inner OCD like fly tying. I can’t wait for spring so I can start catching fish on a fly rod and flies that I built myself.

This little guy is a representation of an adult Chironomidae.

If your saying to yourself, “it just looks like a little black bug”, you’d be correct. It’s a size 20 Griffiths gnat and one of the first flies I tried. It didn’t photograph too well but I’m happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment