All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

1/07/2007

That Dang Commute

Back in the day when I was a big time mortgage wholesaler, I drove 800 to 1200 miles a week in mostly urban traffic to see clients. When I quit the rat race and moved back to Wyoming I thought I gave all that up. Not so. Even in Wyoming we have traffic backups that can take up the better part of a day. I don’t care where you live, congested streets, delays and sharing the road with mindless sheep that just get in the way, just plain sucks.

What the picture doesn’t show is a horse that was trying to eat the black plastic guard off my bumper. You know your job is tough when their trying to eat you alive, or at least nibble the tailgate off.

Another though thing about my new job is: I have to keep telling myself that I can’t carry a gun to work and that poaching is wrong, and company policy forbids asking landowners permission to hunt and that even though nobody would know (probably) or hear my shot with a bow, that it just isn’t worth the risk to take a shot at one of these guys. The real tough thing is, these are two that were close enough for me to get a picture, daily I see bigger bucks.

Life can be so cruel when you’re a deer hunter.

Enjoy your Monday morning commute and pity me while you’re setting in your nice warm cubical. It’s cold and windy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment