All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

2/22/2007

Optics

Lets see gun post then a religion post and now a gun related post. Maybe I’m getting into a rut. There's a gun show this weekend and fly fishing should be starting soon. I have a Bible class to get ready to teach on Sunday. No, no rut here just a limited number of activities for me to do over the winter. I need to get to it on the reloading. Garden seed catalogs are showing up, spring must be right around the corner.

I’ve got about a grand (maybe a little more) and I’m looking to get into 1000 yard shooting. I need a better scope on my rifle. I’d like suggestions on scopes you have used, likes and dislikes both would be appreciated as well as recommendations if there is a new product on the market that you wish you would have bought if it had been available.

I’ve been doing some of my own research on this and I like the Leopold Mark IV 8-25 by 50 mm ($1400). I like Leopold on my hunting rifles but for me this is more a thing of sticking with a product I’ve found to be good than a well thought out decision. Also I’d be just as happy dropping $800 for a scope that is just as good but less pricey. The problem is finding something “just as good”. Your thoughts and reasons for them are appreciated.

If I need more than $1400, I guess I can save up some more. I'll be using this on a Springfield M1A but I think at some point I'll put it on another gun.

No comments:

Post a Comment