All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

12/02/2007

Laughing at 14 Months

I've never heard the joke, or the punch line, but when the boy starts to laughing its contagious. In seconds I'm smiling and cracking up. He starts off giggling, then he gets the belly laughs then snorts and then he falls over, busting a gut the whole time.

There is nothing like it. The innocent laughter of your own children is better than any funny movie or stand up comedian I've ever saw.

We were playing bounce baby on the bed (don't tell Mrs Ipsa). This game is good for a few chuckles and I was looking forward to the inevitable tickle fight, when it happened. The boy sat up and sneezed. Of course he was giggling and this caused the little snot pockets to blow bubbles. Like a good dad I was already going for some Kleenex. Right at that moment the boy discovered that if he snorted when he laughed he could get big snot bubbles. This became a new game. Which, again no need to tell Mrs Ipsa, I let him play, because I was laughing as hard as he was. Snot is affected by gravity and soon was running out of bubble blowing range. So I wiped it up. This bummed the little guy out tremendously.

I couldn't let the good times end so I started a game of tickle monster. He was off laughing again. This time he discovered if he laughed hard and pushed with his tummy, he could get a loud fart. As we all know, loud farts are just about the funnest thing on earth. So we laughed and he farted as much as he could. This now passes as high culture at the Ipsa house.

This afternoon the boy was taking his nap. I checked in to see how he was doing. He let a little toot in his sleep, and giggled. So did I.

No comments:

Post a Comment