All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

10/17/2009

2nd Day

The second day of elk season came and so did a major case of the same crud Res Jr had. Daddy was devastated and did his best to stay in bed all day. The exception being sprints to the bathroom, that were so fast that I'm sure I set a new land speed record. My plan to stay in bed and die a slow and miserable death lasted until 10am when Mrs Ipsa blocked my path to make a contribution to the porcelain throne. Instead of doing her wifely duty and providing me with hospice care in my time of need, she had the audacity to come down with the same symptoms. This required me to "help out".

How I was supposed to "help Out" and die at the same time is something only she understands. Between episodes of gastric distress and losing consciousness, I managed to change a poopy diaper. As all parents know, anytime a man changes a diaper it is worth 10 times the good parent points as when the women changes the same kids diaper. A man changing a poopy is worth approximately 1 years worth points compared to a women preforming the same task. A man doing anything parenting related (except preparing his will) while sick is worth at least 500 times the points that his wife would get, unless of course she is confined to a wheelchair and undergoing chemo, in which case the points ratio becomes about 3 to 1, the 3 going to the man in his favor. After yesterday, I have accumulated enough good parent points that neither I or any of my male offspring won't have to change another diaper until April 22, 2312.

Everyone seems to be recovering, thanks to our NP who makes house calls and takes our kids in the eveing so mom and dad could lay around the house and be sick with out passing it back on to the kids. The thrid day of elk season (today) saw me get in my truck and head off to put 13 hrs in at work. Hopefully I will get out on my next days off.

No comments:

Post a Comment