All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

4/16/2010

Tax Day

Tax day is almost over in my time zone.  15 min to go as I write this.  My taxes are done and have been for a bit.  I started them back the first part of Feb.  This last year we didn't make a great deal of money due to my not working and when I did find work, having it be of burger flipping variety.  

Like I do every year, I used a tax program to do my taxes.  Normally I get to efile, which makes things easier on me.  This year, the former banker turned consultant, turned burger flipper, turned coal miner, who still itemizes because I always have; had to paper file.  The reason being I exceed the limit of one of the forms, you can only have 2 but I had 3.  So I had to paper file instead of the efile that I prefer.  I guess I like efile because if your getting raped it may as well be convenient and quick for the victim.

I'd like a rational explanation for why it took 63 printed pages, for a guy who made next to nothing to do his taxes.  Come on.  It's not like I have a ton of complex sources of income or trust arrangements.   IT TOOK 63 PAGES of tax forms!  In years past I had a client whose annual income exceeded six figures a WEEK.  I always received a copy of his tax return for my records.  The longest one I ever remember him having was less than 40 pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment