All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

8/17/2010

It Pays to Vote

Today is primary election day here in Wyoming. This is important because its the only day you have any real say in the election process on a state or federal level. I made the effort to go to the polls for a couple of good reasons.

1. We have a real ass running for sheriff and I don't want the guy elected. The only way to avoid this travesty of justice is to make sure his name isn't on the ballet come Nov.

2. All real political leadership issues are settled in the primaries here. The state doesn't have a two party system. Sure there are democrats but they mostly vote like republicans. Basically, with the exception of Jackson Hole and a couple of liberal backwaters, the state is conservative. Our retiring democrat governor is actually more conservative than GWB ever was.

So I showed up at the polls, and went in and did my duty. I voted for a couple of incumbent candidates, mostly because the challenger is a waste of oxygen. I voted against every incumbent for county commissar. They're crooks. The main reason to be a county commissioner is to vote in favor of deals that make the other commissioners money, so they in turn will vote in favor of your crooked business deals. I figure its time for a new set of crooks.

My goals amounted to: Stop a really poor potential sheriff, and get rid of some small time crooks. As I walked out to my truck I looked down and found a $20 bill on the parking lot, proving that, at least sometimes, it pays to vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment