All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

1/24/2011

Explains a Lot

It's a language that would twist the tongue of even the most sophisticated linguist.

Prairie dogs talk to each other and can describe what different human beings look like, according to scientists.

The species - only found in North America - call out to warn their friends when a predator approaches their habitat.

So the dogs know who is showwing up to shoot them, and they warn each other.

I wondered why they would dive in the holes whenever I show up.  I shoot at the same location most of the time and I thought it was odd that they would take cover when I stopped the truck on a hill that gave me  600 to 1,100 yard shoots, but they would let other trucks drive right up to within 200 to 300 yards.  Now it makes sense.  Pete the Prarie Dog knows that the fat guy in the black truck is bad news no matter how far away he is.  Now I'm going to have to start parking behind the hill and walking up before I start shooting.

No comments:

Post a Comment