All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

1/18/2011

Res's Mail Bag

This little gem showed up today in my email:

HISTORY CHANNEL NOW SEEKING THE ULTIMATE MARKSMEN FOR SEASON 3 OF TOP SHOT!

Season 1 was a hit, and Season 2 is on its way. Now it's your turn to take a shot at Season 3! If you are skilled with a pistol, rifle or any other firearm, you could win $100,000 in prizes on the third season of History Channel's electrifying competition show, TOP SHOT. Producers are looking for anyone with unrivaled shooting skills and a big personality to take on exciting physical challenges with multiple guns and mystery projectile weapons.

It doesn't matter if you're a professionally trained shooter or a self-taught, average Joe (or Jane!). As long as you're in good physical shape, have mastered a firearm and can adapt to new weapons and demanding physical situations, you could be America's next "Top Shot."

This season, we're also looking for MARKSMEN PAIRS: Husband/Wife, Father/Son, Co-Workers or Siblings. If you and a close friend or relative are excellent shots, we want to hear from you both! APPLY TODAY!

To apply, email TopShotCasting@gmail.com with your name, city/state, phone number, a recent photo of yourself and a brief explanation of why you should be on the show. Deadline to apply is February 1, 2011. For more information, visit www.pilgrimfilms.tv and click on "CASTING" or call 818-478-4570 for more information TODAY!

* Applicants must be at least 21 years of age, a resident or citizen of the United States and reasonably proficient with shooting and marksmanship

--
Nick Corporon
Casting Associate
Pilgrim Films & Television
(818) 478-4618
The email came with an official entry form and a personal note asking me to try out.  Unfortunately I can't do it.  I don't have either the time or money this year.  In fact I'm probably going to have to tell my sponsor that I won't be able to honor my commitment to attend the minimum number of shooting matches I agreed to last spring.  Hows that for a kick in the pants?  I finally get a financial backer for my hobbies and the very first year I'm supposed to shoot, at least partially on someone else's dime, and I have to give notice of intent to break my contract.   Maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment