All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

1/10/2012

Get'n Old

I've always liked classic rock.  Even when I was in college, I enjoyed the stuff from the 70's.  After I lost the hearing in my right ear a few years back, I quit listening to the radio.  I did that for a couple of reasons.  First, music doesn't sound the way I remember it.  Second, I wanted to protect the little bit of hearing I still had in my left ear.

Yesterday I was driving somebody else's car and they had left the radio on.  It was a classic rock station and I was getting into the tunes.  I was enjoying myself and didn't even switch the channel when they played a commercial.  The DJ came back and said something about playing a real old tune that we were sure to remember.  The first few bars of Aerosmith's Walk This Way started I thought "cool"  then I realized it was the Run DMC version.

When did Rap become classic anything?  WTF? this song is from 1990 for crying out loud.  Somebody pour me a Metamucil, and hand me my walker so I can go down an pop a cap in the DJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment