All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

4/26/2008

Reading List

I've found myself wanting to get in on the upcoming book discussion at Vox's. Even though I know that I'd enjoy it, its just not going to happen. My reading list is exhaustive already. I'm reading the equivalent of 12 to 14 books a day as it is. Notice I said equivalent, not 12 to 14 different books.

Here is RJ's Top Ten List:

Goodnight Moon
ABC's
My First Baby Games
Rewards for Little Ones
Wait for Elmo
Red Fish Blue Fish
All Things Bright and Beautiful
A Boy's First Book of Manors
Noah's Crew Came Two by Two
Jonah's Story

These aren't in any particular order. He brings books to daddy and momma and we read them. Some times we read them over and over, and he loves it. My reading list isn't what it used to be, but I love it just the same.

On a slightly related note RJ loves to "play" whatever daddy is playing. This includes reloading (I so wish I would have taken some pictures) and "dishes". I found myself getting mad at him today for messing up the dishes. I was trying to clean up the kitchen and my "helper" was undoing every bit of progress I was making. I gave RJ the "daddy voice" and a stern "no". He walked off, wounded, looking like he wanted to cry. He came back and raised his hands in the pick me up signal. So I did. That was two hours ago. The dishes still aren't done and they won't be, unless he takes a nap. Taking care of the house isn't more important than taking care of the people who live in it.

Right now we're playing "computer". I so wish he'd give up this game, its taking a toll on my printer, and LCD flat screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment