All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

6/12/2009

1st Lossers

Its been over a week and I'm just now getting to post the results of my little annual adventure in competitive shooting. I only shot one class this year, unlimited pistol. My results:

500 yards: Second place.
750 yards: Second place.
1,000 yards: Second place.

Earlier this year I remarked to a certain friend of mine that another friend of ours (a former SEAL) would potentially make a good spotter. My plan being to recruit a certain PO to be MY spotter. Apparently I made some remark back in March about not knowing if I would be competing due to my job situation this year. My "friend" took this to be a green light to recruit "my" spotter. Team Goose beat me at both 500 and 750 yards. The lose at 750 is particularly bitter since they only won by 7/8ths of an inch and I knew pulled my last shot in the relay. First place at 1,000 yard went to the Son of Goose. At 15 he came VERY close to shooting a worlds record. His first 4 shots were sub 3in at 1,000 yards. His last shot went wide and caused him to have a 8in group. Not too shabby considering the 20 to 35 mile an hour winds we were shooting in that day.

In production class (which I didn't shoot) some guy from Ohio took 1st at 500 and 750. The 1,000 yard match was won by a young lady from SD. She did very well for herself. At the tender age of 15 she managed to flat out whip some of the best shooters in the US, including team Goose.

No comments:

Post a Comment