All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

6/24/2009

2009 License Results


License Type: Results Area/Type

Resident Moose
Unsuccessful N/A

Resident Bighorn Sheep
Unsuccessful N/A

Resident Spring Turkey Successful GEN

Resident Antelope Successful 017-1

Resident Elk Successful 001-1


For those of you who might not know what the heck this post is, its my draw results for this years hunting season. In WYO you have to draw to get licenses in certain areas. The reason is that they limit the harvest to control herd health. I buy my deer tag over the counter because I don't care about hunting trophy mulies. I didn't draw a moose or a sheep (bummer but expected). Look down at the elk area. What that code means is that I drew one of the best units in the entire state for large bulls that is Grizzly and wolf free. Every year when the snow flies the elk migrate out of the Black Hills of South Dakota down one of 3 major travel corridors and I have a hunting license for one of the best areas in state. More importantly I have an "any elk" tag, which means I can shoot a bull.

I'm so excited I can't sleep now.

12 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:27 AM

    How long will that much meat last your family?

    Long enough to get really tired of it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. WaterBoy10:20 AM

    Congrats, and best of luck in using it.

    And what's up with the blog changes? Liked the old look better, and HaloScan (despite its drawbacks).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Giraffe1:12 PM

    Well, I am unsuccessful for elk. Dammit. Apparently because our elk migrate down your way and you jokers are shooting them all.

    As far as the rest goes, I won't know for a while yet. I have to put in for rifle deer (home area) and rifle deer (Black Hills) and don't know if I will get either one. I had been putting in for another western unit, but my daughter needs diapers worse than I need horns so I'll likely skip it this year. My uncle is talking about heading to Colorado for mulies, wouldn't you know I can't afford it.

    The only thing I know I will get for sure is archery deer. I can get tags for up to 10 or more if I want to shoot does.

    We've got pheasants. Don't know how this year's hatch is, but I saw a hen this week with about 8 chicks. Your dog is probably too old now, but the boy is going to be bird dog age before long. I intend to keep hounding you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An elk will last me over a year, especially since I normally shoot a deer and at least one antelope.

    I started tinkering with the blog layout and I don't like it either. If Blogger doesn't delete my blog as spam, I'll ask Taylor to fix it again.

    Abbey is still around and I plan on hunting her one last time this year. I have an invite to a farm in Mitchel but I'd love to get together with you too. What I can afford to do will depend on if I get a new job or not. She is a good dog and I feel I owe her one last good hunt even though it is starting to get hard for her to move around now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Giraffe4:30 PM

    My trip the Black Hills will be over Thanksgiving if I draw a tag. Otherwise, I'll be hunting around here. When you have more of an idea of what your plans are, we could see if something will work out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will let you know when the time gets closer. I'll try to make a visit to you in deer camp even if I have filled my tag on my side of the state line.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Which unit are you putting in for?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Giraffe8:30 AM

    My unit is the biggest one in the center of the Hills H2, I believe. Our camp is a few miles south of Moon campground near the intersection of 117 and 284.

    ReplyDelete
  9. firefly1:36 PM

    Congrats on the draw Res.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found a BD2 is that the same unit?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Giraffe12:46 PM

    Yep that's the one.

    Our camp is in this area:

    http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?v=2&FORM=LMLTCP&cp=43.896207~-104.009371&style=a&lvl=15&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thats not too far to drive. Let me know when you get your tag.

    ReplyDelete