All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

2/21/2012

For the Childern

Mrs. Ipsa and I try to teach the kids manners, like saying please and thank you, picking up your plate after dinner, saying excuse me, etc.  Res Jr. discovered today that body noises are funny. At lunch he burped and instead of the half frightened, and contrite "excuse me" that his mother has been earnestly teaching him to parrot after one of these events, he laughed. Yes he laughed, our male child is turning into a boy. The horror. Fortunately his mother was at work and missed the whole sorted affair. Me, being male, and not under Mrs. Ipsa's immediate, and stern supervision; promptly corrected his behavior, remembered a skill mastered in my own childhood. I swallowed a gulp of air and let one rip. Both kids started laughing. I did it again, and again. The boy was belly laughing so hard he had tears in his eyes. I'm not sure but I think Little Miss may have wet herself.

My wife will no doubt view this as the end of western civilization. I on the other hand see it as further evidence of the superiority of homeschooling. When I was a kid it wasn't until 7th grade that the fake burp at lunch was all the rage. My kids aren't even to kindergarten and already they are farther ahead than I was in my public schooling. I'm so proud. (Wipes tear from eye)  Now we have to work on saying the ABC's in one burp.

No comments:

Post a Comment