All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

9/17/2012

Trying Something New

I'm looking for input folks. I had to kill off the old comments because they are dying a slow and painful death. But I wasn't able to just enable blogger comments without updating the whole mess. So that’s what I’ve done.

I’d like to know:

1. Is this loading any faster now?
2. Are the comments better, ie loading and working for you.
3. Is this working on your mobile devices? Being in the dark ages I don’t have a way to check that myself.
4. Is there any other changes you’d like to see?
5. Any other comments or suggestions you have are welcome.

Thanks guys. I appreciate your help.



7 comments:

  1. WaterBoy2:15 PM

    1. The page definitely loads faster.
    2. Being already familiar with the Blogger commenting interface helps; there's no learning curve, however small, that might be associated with yet another commenting system. Don't know yet whether or not I can also comment from home, but my guess is that it shouldn't be a problem, now.
    3. I don't use a mobile device for blogs, so N/A for me.
    4&5. No other changes or comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Works fine for me, no mobile devices either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, looking good; i'll load it up on my iphone later. It's probably fine there, too. You've had blogger comments on the mobile version for a while, though you wouldn't have known it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Res Ipsa6:20 PM

    I know that some of the old posts back in 06 still have blogger comments with them, but I didn't know about the mobile stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Posting from mobile. Nice colors now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you want to see what the mobile version looks like, you can add a "?m=1" to the end of the url, and then make your browser window really narrow.

    Like, http://trueanomaly.blogspot.com/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Res Ipas8:15 PM

    Thanks man, I'll give it a try.

    ReplyDelete