All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

12/06/2012

Alone

The wife and kids took off to spend a couple of weeks with the grandparents for Christams.  The house is quiet.  The dog is greatful no one is pulling on her ears.  My honey do list is long and I miss the kids already.

5 comments:

  1. WaterBoy12:54 PM

    There will come a time when you will begin to relish such moments, for they will be as rare as an honest politician.

    Some of my favorite times now are when WaterGirl and I can go camping, and just sit outside beside the river and watch the water flow by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:47 PM

    The To-Do list is the worst. I haven't put up my dartboard for months because there's always something "better" that "needs" to be accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WaterBoy10:02 AM

    Yep. I started demo on the shower in the master bathroom about a month ago, and I'm still looking for some time to put it back together. Putting up Christmas lights, attending Christmas parties, and grandbabysitting have all been pushed ahead on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:12 AM

    I've been working on the basement for more than five years. Good luck with your bathroom renovations... :-).

    ReplyDelete
  5. WaterBoy4:49 PM

    Well, part of the basement has been under construction for about two years, so I'm not at all better off than before. The list isn't a static FIFO queue; it's a dynamic cloud, and priority changes on a whim.

    Tonight, I get to go snake out a drain full of slimy hair and waxy colorant, so the bathroom gets pushed off yet again.

    And how is YOUR list coming along, now?

    ReplyDelete