All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

7/05/2016

Frustration

I don't have enough faith to be an atheist.  I really don't.  I've tried rejecting God.  I'm not able to.  God is real.  I believe the bible because every word of it is true.

God, being outside of time, has a way of speaking truth that transcends time and space.  Maybe someday I'll work out a good way to describe this idea.  It's to late tonight to take a crack at it.  God's truth is much bigger than our truth, in both definition and scale.  As are His methods of interacting with us.  Here in is my frustration.

Maybe you've had some say, "I can't believe in God because He doesn't answer prayer".  I've got the opposite problem.  God answers my prayers.  I see Him answer other prayers.  Frankly, He seems to enjoy doing it.  Although I believe He says "no", that's not my problem.  He seems to say "yes" far more frequently than random chance would allow.  I suspect that He especially enjoys doing things for His kids in ways that are totally unexpected from our vantage point in time.

I just wish I had the ability to see the plan a little more in advance than I do.  I wish I was able to hear His voice a little more clearly, and order my steps accordingly.  I don't know how to get better at doing either one of these things.

If you have faith as a mustard seed you can move mountains.  If I could hear His voice or see the plan, I'd know which ones need moving and which ones need to be gone around.  Another problem, "He can do more than we can ask or imagine".  I believe that.  I can imagine, and therefore ask for a lot. 

Maybe that's immaturity on my part.  Maybe its something else, like a lack of faith.  Maybe, if I could see the plan, I'd do a better job getting with the program.  Maybe I'd see what was coming and totally freak out and blow it worse than I am now.

3 comments:

  1. Something else you don't have either Res is a seriously stiff neck or a triple case of extreme stubborn pride.

    God answers prayer all the time. People who say He doesn't either aren't listening, or He is giving them an answer they don't want to hear.

    If a single day in God's house is like 1000 years of mortal history, then God has only been waiting about 6 days to implement His final judgment on His creation. Think about that for just a moment.

    God being our Father, like you with your kids, knows what is either good for us or very bad for us. So that is why He answers no sometimes. He knows when that yes, could actually be worse for us in the long run than if we hadn't have had our wish granted in the first place.

    Res, what you can imagine is such a miniscule drop in the bucket compared to what God can deliver. I read someplace that humans only use about 10-20% of their mental capacity.

    It makes me wonder if God has that remainder set aside for a reason, and when the time is right, He will wave His hand and unleash the rest of our minds when we are ready and able to handle it.

    We already see examples of people like Vox who are extraordinarily more intelligent than the average who have great frustration at times handling that level when he has to deal with us regular folk.

    All in all, a great post Res. I don't know if I mentioned this or not, but if you want to give yourself and your kids a great way to debate evolution, Dr. Jobe Martin has a multi disc series of the best arguments against evolution/pro creation that even your kids can enjoy and understand. Dr. Martin is doing the Lord's work with this series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan,

    I always enjoy your comments. I have no idea what God is doing. I just wish I understood more than I do. The fact is some things may just be too much for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan9:33 AM

      Commenting here, and at HotGas keeps me informed, entertained and occasionally lets me vent. I sure do appreciate it, and I try to remember not to let the stain of trollery invade my heart. I really despise at least 99.9% of the trolls out there.

      They are so disruptive, and make it hard to enjoy a good conversation sometimes. There are even times on Breitbart when I can just sense the unclean spirit present, and I am just tired of dealing with that anymore.

      God gives us what we need to know, exactly when we need it. He knows what, and how much, we can take. Just keep reminding yourself Res that since even Jesus doesn't know the day or the hour of when he is to come back, we who are Christian are in great company, don't you think?

      That is what ticks me off about that segment of theology that thinks they can figure out the season, date etc of when Jesus is coming. The Bible plainly says NO MAN, not even the Son, knows. ONLY God.

      Delete