All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

4/13/2018

Friday, the 13th

I know.  I've not written up the moose story.  Sorry.  I'm moving.  It's wonderful to be going back to America, or what's left of it.

I'm not sure when I'll get internet again.  I'm renting a condo until I get a house bought.  I'm thinking that will take 60 days or so.  It might be longer.  I might end up building too, at least that is an option that is on the table.

The BJW queue is full for a couple of months so you'll have a reason, maybe not a good one, to drop by.

If I can find an ISP that doesn't demand an unreasonable contract to set me up at one address and move without charging me when I buy a house, I'll be back up and blogging sooner.  Otherwise I'll wait till I get a house to get back on line.

3 comments:

  1. WaterBoy7:40 AM

    Other options for Internet access:

    1. Home WiFi hotspot. Uses cell tower to connect, allows multiple devices to share, is transportable.
    2. Cell phone Internet sharing (tethering). Best option if you have unlimited data, not so good if you have small data.
    3. Check with your immediate neighbors if their WiFi is within range and they are willing to sublease their bandwidth.
    4. Public WiFi hotspots. Jack up your security if you go this route.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WaterBoy12:14 PM

    RE: WiFi hotspot

    Here's an example from Verizon. $99.99 one-time fee for a refurbished device ($19.99 if you sign a two-year contract), as low as $15/month for 1GB data ($90/month unlimited data).

    Since it's a mobile hotspot you can carry it with you wherever you go, and your phone/tablet/laptop/whatever are always connected as long as you're not in a wireless "dead zone". It's not tied to a wired broadband line like cable or DSL, so you can take it with you when you move.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Res Ipsa11:53 AM

    I've got an sip and they are sending me equipment. Should be online Friday..

    ReplyDelete