All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

8/04/2006

It’s Back

My much (for me any way) anticipated return to Thursday night pistol league happened yesterday. Baby birthing classes were, boring. Not because I’m not interested in the subject, I am; I’ve never seen 30 min of information crammed into 6 hours of class held over a 3 week period before.

Last night I get out to the range and we do two different drills. It was great. We started off with some falling plates and moved on to doing tactical speed drills, and even ran some carbine with transition to pistol.

On the falling plates, 2.09 out of the holster cleared the course in 11.03 and 8 shots. (7 plates). Not to shabby for not having shot in awhile. I should have stopped right then and there because it just went down hill after that, I got slower and missed more.

I managed to break 2.00 out of the holster 2 times, so I was happy. I’m still using leather with a tension retention spring, I need to go to Kydex for league, it’ll cut .5 off those times, but I’m funding a diaper fund instead of a toy fund.

One guy brought out a Garand. If you want to see a m-16 look extra wimpy run a Garand beside it on the firing range. It was cool to watch a WWII relic compete, and it held its own.

In other gun news, I have been informed that my post “Wish Listhas born fruit and the much anticipated KIMBER has arrived. This would be better news if its owner wasn’t stuck on a business trip to the neither regions of the east coast. Hopefully we'll get a gun review from him when he gets back.

No comments:

Post a Comment