All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

8/16/2006

The Self Loathing Homosexual Male

“So our host is simultaneously a homophobe and a homosexual? Nice trick."

I’ve known a few homosexual men, although not in the Biblical sense of know, if you know what I mean. I won’t say that I’ve been friends with many gays, because I’ve only known one that I consider my friend. But I have been around several whom were very open in talking about their lifestyle.

One observation I’ve had is that many of these men are open about the fact that they have a problem with what they are doing. It is as if they hate themselves for an activity that gives them pleasure. This explains in my opinion, part of the reason gay men have higher drug and alcohol abuse rates, suicide rates and gay on gay violent crime.

It also explains the need to convince society that gay is “normal”. This is why you’ll see people fervently trying to persuade you that homosexuality is caused by genetics, that they have no choice or control over their actions. This is also a reason behind teaching homosexuality to increasingly younger age school children. Recruitment and acceptance is goal number one. Maybe just maybe, if they can convince society that what their doing is ok, they’ll convince themselves too.

No comments:

Post a Comment