All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

6/14/2010

Revisiting

I spent some time visiting with Farmer Tom and his family last week.  The food, company and political activism were good.  As always I enjoyed my stay in the Pink Room.  Tom asked me about my post from several months ago regarding a job working for a Christian Youth Camp.  He made a point or two that I've been mauling over in my mind.  So I'm putting this out for you all to give me some feed back on.

The ministry is for Table in the Wilderness.  The job is for business development and marketing, which I am uniquely qualified for both educationally and professionally. My impression of everyone I met was vary favorable.  I like the location and the camp.  I like their goals and program and their willingness to make the handful of changes I suggested to them during my visit.

In short I like almost everything about the deal, except: 1. I would have to fund raise my personal salary in order to spend my time fund raising for and doing development for the camp, 2. I would have to learn to be accepting, at least of others, some things I'm not comfortable with doctrinally 3. I would not be able to fund raise from my own church denomination.  The reason I would not seek support from my brothers is that our denomination has its own camp program here in Wyoming.  That may not seem like a big deal to those of you in other states, but here it would mean that I would have to ask the 15 or so congregations that I'm most likely to get support from to support me when our own camp program isn't getting everything that they could use.  Now those of you living in a state with a big population probably have 15 churches similar to yours within less than an hours drive.  Here that's not the case we have very few people in a very large area.

Assuming that: They still want me and would hire me, and I could get the amount of money I want for the first years salary either in cash upfront or in reliable pledges; I would like to hear everyone's thoughts on this endeavor as well as any useful input you may have.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment