All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

6/16/2015

Coffee With Black

The Dread Ilk blogger formerly known as Black was in town a couple of Saturdays ago.  We got together for coffee.  Incidentally it was the first cup of coffee I had in 15 years, talk about a buzz.  What happened at the coffee shop gave me a different reason to feel good, beyond the bean rush.

The girl working the counter at the coffee shop took my money and as she was making change she noticed something wasn't right.  She seemed alarmed.  Apologizing she offered to give me different change because mine "didn't sound right". 

I took the handful of change she offered me.  It did have a different sort of "clinking" sound.  This made me very happy.  I instantly knew what the sound was.  It was the sound of a silver coin. 

She had given me a genuine 1964 quarter.  Unfortunately she didn't have more.

The coin was the topic of conversation with the girls working the counter.  I had to explain that it sounded different because it was actually money.  I'm not sure they got it, but I tried.  Cup of coffee $3.  1964 quarter 90% silver, received as change $3.50.

Last week I went through Black's town and called him up.  I wanted to see if he was still good luck.  Who knows maybe somebody would slip me a $5 gold piece thinking its a penny or an odd colored dime.

He wasn't into helping me line my pockets with silver or gold, something about "date night".  Anyway if you get a chance to have coffee with Black take him up on it, the conversation is good and you might get lucky with the girl giving you your change.

1 comment:

  1. Silver Gold Bull is the most reputable bullion dealer. You will be provided with bargain, real-time prices and ensure your precious metals are delivered to your door discreetly and fully insured.

    ReplyDelete