All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

4/19/2006

It’s a Baby

Monday I made my first trip ever to an obstetrician’s office. The occasion was an ultra sound of Mrs. Ipsa and Res Jr. Mom is doing great and baby Ipsa is developing normally. So far so good.

I’m thrilled. We weren’t expecting to become parents. After being married as long as we have and not having kids, we thought it wouldn’t happen. I’m thinking of starting a pool to see what will come first, my wife’s 40th b-day or the baby. The delivery date is only five days different. Since due dates are plus or minus one week, it’s anyone’s guess.

This last week the in-laws came to visit and painted the baby’s room. Apparently such things cannot be left to my devices. MIL saw fit to give the house a top to bottom spring cleaning, the likes of which no house has ever had. That is one thing that I wouldn’t have done. I’m still looking for my stuff. They left yesterday.

We’re due in September. We decided not to find out the babies sex, we can wait. That’s not as important to me as I would have thought. Right now all I want is a healthy wife and baby. Due to her advanced maternal age complications are to be expected, but my wife is one of the healthiest and physically fit women you’ll meet so we're ahead of the game in that department.

Names, I never expected names to be such a problem. If it’s a boy, he’ll be named after my grandpa. If it’s a girl, we’ll come up with something. I think Mrs. Ipsa enjoys testing me in this department. At least I hope she’s teasing me. I’ve vetoed more girls names in the last two months than the president has vetoed spending bills in his two terms.

I'm liking being a dad to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment