All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

4/21/2006

What’s Wrong With This Picture?

If you guessed, “there’s not enough bullets in it”, go to the head of the class. When driving through Nebraska last month, I made it point to stop at every Cabalas in the state. While in Kearney I visited the “bargain cave” and picked up two boxes of Berry’s Preferred Plated Bullets from Berry’s Mfg. Inc.

The boxes the bullet’s were packaged in had been damaged in shipping and so they had taped them back together and knocked $2 off. Allegedly all 250 bullets were still in each box, or so the sales guy said.

After getting them home and reloaded I found that the fist box was short 39 bullets and the second box was short 16 bullets. A quick call to Cabalas and they mailed me the 55 missing bullets.

I’m quite pleased with the way Cabalas handled my call and fixed the problem. If I could make a suggestion to Berry’s Mfg, it would be to do a better job counting the product before you ship it out. You just cost your retailer their mark up on the first two boxes they sold me because of damage and now they’ve opened a third box to make up the difference because you didn’t package the product right the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment