All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

7/12/2006

Where Have you Been?

It’s been a big weekend here. Last Thursday my folks showed up for a visit and our annual fruit picking trip. I spent all day and most of the night Thursday getting work finished so I’d be free to join them for the weekend.

We managed to get 189 lbs of sweet cherries, 50lbs of pie cherries and 125lbs of apricots. We got back home Sunday afternoon and started putting up cherries. As of late last night we had everything canned or frozen except the apricots, and I’ll be getting to those tonight after work.

My dad and I spent Monday and Tuesday scrapping and painting my shed. He volunteered for it but I don’t think he realized how big a job it was going to be. The weather hitting 95 and 100 didn’t help but we got it prepped, primed and two coats of paint on it by 7:00 last night. We also finished picking the last of the peas and got them put up to. The folks got on the road this morning by 9 and should be back home sometime tomorrow.

Not a bad visit, I expect we'll see em again come October when they have a grandbaby to check up on.

No comments:

Post a Comment