Pants Up, Don't Loot!Embrace it. We will be better off as a nation when you do.
The United States has a police problem. That problem is systemic and getting worse. We need to fix the problem with laws and a total make over of the police mentality. I for one am all for it.
On the legal front:
- End all asset forfeiture actions, unless accompanied by a conviction for a crime involving the assets
- Decriminalize possession of small amounts of marijuana
- Enact laws establishing the right of retribution against police and prosecutors who violate their office. Make them personally, financially, and physically accountable. For example:
- A police squad that handcuffs and then beats a suspect would have to pay all of the suspects medical costs, plus damages, after which they would be handcuffed and beaten by a similar number of members of a vibrant community.
- A person making a false statement in a case would receive the same criminal punishment as the person they were making it against. This would hold true for prosecutors promoting the falsehood before the court.
- Demilitarize all police departments.
- Extrajudicial kills earn the death penalty.
- The police are never going to demilitarize when a significant portion of the population demonstrate they are basically lawless and simply waiting for a chance to act out. Which is why, "Pants Up, Don't Loot!" needs to be the rallying cry for blacks in this country.
- If you are going to act like a dangerous criminal as part of your "thug culture", you can pretty much expect that people are going to accept you at your word and treat you like a thug.
- If you scream, "Burn This Mother Fucker Down" while looking at my house, I'm going to shoot you dead before you can do it. This is called self-defense. It has been a fundamental aspect of human interaction for approximately the last 6,000 years. Someone should have clued you into this fact before now.
I'm all for police accountability. After they are found guilty, bad cops deserve punishment.
In the mean time, pull your pants up and stop looting.