Turn your bible to the book of Genesis if you would please.
Gen 2:18 The LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him."
Gen 2:24-25 For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh. The man and his wife were both naked, and they felt no shame.
There are several points that we could take away from these verses. Before I do that, I think its important to point out an obvious fact concerning men. We men are visual orientated. That means that we tend to be excited, enticed, drawn to, desirous of, evaluate, pass judgment on, etc things when we see them. I believe that Adam was no different.
Another point I'd like to bring out is that we aren't sure how much time elapsed between Gen 1 and the end of chapter 3. What I mean by that is we don't know if the events surrounding Adam getting a wife and sin entering the world took place on day 6 of creation or if it was days, weeks, months years etc before Eve showed up. We aren't told. We are told that Adam was 130 years old when his first son was born. That gives us a time frame of one day to 129 years 3 months to contemplate.
As the story goes Adam gets a wife. He sees her and the first thing he says, in fact the first thing any man says in the whole Bible is a speech about how amazed he is over the whole deal. The very next thing, right after that, keep in mind this is in the Bible, THE VERY NEXT THING is an explanation that the whole reason, is to have sex. Look it up its in the Bible. Granted the Bible doesn't say something like "do the hanky panky" or "make whoopee" or anything we'd recognize as "make love". What it says is "For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh." That "one flesh" business, that's Bible speak for "do it".
So I don't make this post too long, I'll highlight the important points:
- God made man and gave him a visual orientation
- God made women so she could "help" man
- God made sure that when Adam and Eve met they were butt naked
- Sex was God's idea
- God's fist positive command to Adam was to "be fruitful and multiply"
- Scripture teaches that a man should leave his parents and be united to HIS WIFE
- Eve didn't birth any children till Adam was 130 years old
- We don't know how long both of them lived together
- We don't know when they sinned
- Assuming Eve was created shortly after Adam say within a year or so and they didn't sin right away, that means God gave them potentially over 100 years of happy, romping around naked in paradise, sex, and they could have had more
- God's ideal is one man, one women, having sex with each other for a lifetime