All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

1/14/2013

Birthday Beer

From Munich:
A 94-year-old pensioner broke out of hospital in Munich so he could belatedly celebrate his birthday in one of the German city's famous beer halls, police said Thursday.
A passer-by noticed the elderly man at an underground rail station on Wednesday as he still had an intravenous drip needle implanted in his left hand.
 
First, intravenously isn't my favorite way to get a beer.  I guess it's better than no beer at all.  ;-) I know that's not why he had the I.V.  Second, what's wrong with these Germans? What jerk would call the cops on this old guy?  All they had to do was ask him what was going on, and as soon as he told them he escaped from the hospital for a birthday beer, they should have taken him here:
No questions asked.  When you're 94 you should get a birthday beer and be able to pinch the winch who brings it to you.  No, the time of day doesn't matter.  At the Hofbrauhaus you can get beer for breakfast.  I know.
The guy in white is named Bill.  He drank the little beer.  Some guy named Ross was involved (and I think one or two of those steins were his) and yes in nineteen hundred and whatever, that blue striped shirt was in style.

I would have bought the old guy his beer.  When/if I make it to 94 I hope the Hofbrau is around and someone buys me a frothy breakfast there.  Maybe I'll have a couple of  sausages to go with it.

2 comments:

  1. WaterBoy1:53 PM

    Res: "When/if I make it to 94"

    Not if you keep having beer and sausages for breakfast, you won't....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had a beer for breakfast in 20 years. In fact I haven't had a beer since elk season. The only other adult beverage I've drank since October was one buttered rum over the holidays, I seldom drink anything stronger than tea anymore. I even gave up soda this last year.

    Sausage is another story, I haven't had that for breakfast since...yesterday.

    ReplyDelete