All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

2/14/2013

Did You Forget?

It's the 14th day of February, otherwise known as a made up holiday designed to boost Hallmarks first quarter sales,  Valentines Day.  Time to waste perfectly good money on meaningless stuff in an effort to get lucky  select a token of your heart felt admiration and devotion for the women in your life.  You did remember didn't you?  If you're reading this there is still time provided that a heart shaped box of Russel Stover and a Hallmark Card from Walgreen's is good enough to get you off the hook.


I'm hoping that my gift shows up today.  They didn't ship it out till Monday.  We'll see, I may have to stop at Wal Mart for a box of el cheapo chocolate myself before the day is over.

2 comments:

  1. I'm feeling a little stupid because my wife left a box of chocolate and a card for me while I was taking a shower, and I didn't have anything for her yet. She hates it when I throw something together last minute. But, I'm a jackass, what can I say. Going to have pull out the big guns and write a poem or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Giraffe,

    Opps. Time to take a page from the female playbook. You have to act hurt and ask her why she didn't get in the shower with you and SHOW you how much she loves you. Ask her if the candy means she doesn't love you any more. Act like you're holding back on your emotions and tell her she ruined the day for you. Then you'll be off the hook for not getting her a gift.

    ReplyDelete