George Zimmerman, the man accused of murdering Trayvon Martin, was found not guilty of second-degree murder and manslaughter Saturday night.
The verdict is the culmination of a case that captured the nation's attention and will undoubtedly be imprinted in America's history. For Zimmerman, it means trying to recapture his life after he was at the center of a national maelstrom over racial profiling, state gun laws and what constitutes self-defense.
The not guilty verdict means the jury of six women found that Zimmerman justifiably used deadly force and reasonably believed that such force was "necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm" to himself — Florida's definition of self-defense.
Zimmerman showed no emotion as the verdict was read. After the verdict was read, he smiled slightly and shook hands with one of his lawyers.No news on rioting and burning cities at this point. No surprise either. I have no idea of if its happening or not, just not a lot of news at this point. Here is the link for google results on "riots in Florida over trayvon martin".
A few thoughts.
1. George Zimmerman was factually innocent. All the media BS about the prosecutors not doing a good enough job, is just that, BS. The cops didn't arrest Zimmerman until after the black president put political pressure on them to do so. He should have never went to trail. There was no evidence to support a conviction in the first place, that's why the cops didn't arrest him, back in Feb 2012.
2. Trayvon Martin's case is not the same as Emmett Till. It's not a civil rights issue. If you hear someone saying "civil rights and Trayvon Martin's name in the same sentence, be assured that person has no idea what the definition of "civil rights" is. Trayvon was a black thug, just like the thousands of other black thugs in this country. Being black is no excuse for being a thug. Being black doesn't make it OK to assault and attempt to murder whoever you want whenever you want, even if you think they are a creepy ass cracker.
3. The only racist basis in this whole story is on the part of blacks and their enablers.
4. George Zimmerman isn't going to ass rape prison. He still is getting the short end of the stick. His life is ruined by a thug who tired to kill him. The only thing of value that thug ever did was be born black, so the professional race agitators could make a few bucks off his getting shot.
5. We need more armed citizens on the streets. Make it harder on the thugs. Dead thugs, regardless of race, are good for America .
6. The feds owe Zimmerman and his family a new name, ID's and social security cards etc. as well as relocation. All expenses connected with the new identity should be charged to the media and celebrities who broadcasted this information to the public in the first place.
Congratulations George. I hope you can find a new home in another state, where you will be safe from the thugs who are sure to be coming after you. Please invest in better weapons and body armor, America needs more men like you.