All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

1/29/2015

Good Folks Friday

There are times when I don't post, not because I don't have thoughts on the events of the day, but because it seems like all the new news is bad news.  Here some good news created by good people doing good things.


'World's Poorest President' Stops His Car To Give Hitchhiker A Ride
A hitchhiker was caught off-guard when a world leader offered to give him a lift.
While Mujica's decision to pick up the hitchhiker was a kind one, the leader is widely known for his acts of compassion. During a television interview in Montevideo last November, Mujica paused to give money to a man in need.
The leader has even been nicknamed "the world's poorest president," thanks to his decision to donate 90 percent of his salary to charity. When speaking about the money he actually keeps, Mujica told El Mundo, according to Univision's translation, "I do fine with that amount; I have to do fine because there are many Uruguayans who live with much less."
Teen With Autism Who Has A Passion For Vacuums Gets Ultimate Birthday Surprise: A Kirby
“I am reaching out to you in hopes for an answer to an unusual request for my son who is autistic. He has always been obsessed with vacuum cleaners. His favorite is the Kirby. He spends hours every day watching videos on his tablet about different Kirby’s. When he isn’t watching videos about them, he is talking about them,” she wrote.
“I really would LOVE to get a demo done for him for his birthday. In fact, I am even getting him a cake made that looks like a Kirby vacuum. I am writing to you in hopes that you can get me in touch with a way to get him this demo. I want to be clear that I do not intend on purchasing a Kirby. I was hoping that I could pay a flat fee or thought that maybe if you have salesmen in training that needs to get in practice demos for training purposes. I do not want anything free, but as the mother of a special needs child, it is so hard to find things to make my son happy. I know that having this demo done would just be so awesome, and it would warm my heart to see him so excited to experience that.”
Kirby sent out a sales guy who did a bang up job with the demo.  Then they gave the kid a brand new vacuum cleaner.  In other news its the first time a teenager has ever volunteered to do house work.


If you walk into Rosa's Fresh Pizza in Philadelphia, you can't help but notice the walls are decorated with hundreds of Post-it notes and letters. The notes are from customers who donated $1 so homeless people in the community can come in and get a free slice.
 Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend.

2 comments:

  1. WaterBoy10:50 AM

    Great start to the weekend, thanks for posting those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem. There is only so much of "news worthy" that I can take.

    ReplyDelete