All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.

Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!


We Dodged That One

Back in July I wrote a post: WYO Politics: Liz Cheney and Shameless Self Promotion.  For those of you who don't remember and don't want to take the time to read it, I have no use for Liz Cheney and her representing Wyoming in the US Senate.  Today I learned that the carpet bagger from Virginia has decided to bow out of a race she was losing for reasons of "family health".  Apparently one of her kids is sick.  I'm sorry about her kid and I don't wish sick kids on anyone. 

I can't help but be curious about the timing and the circumstances.  Dizzy Lizzy has spent the last 6 months in a full press primary challenge, with lots of fund raisers, paid ads, and a little mud slinging to boost her profile.  Yet some how despite being born in Wisconsin.  I was going to use this paragraph to bash Liz on how NOT FROM WYOMING she is.  As I was checking Wiki to double check her birth, school and residency data, I discovered that most of the information has been scrubbed.  This is HILARIOUS.  You see all of that data was readily available back in July. 

Dizzy Lizzy has been pretty well raked over the coals here in Wyoming because: 1. She isn't from Wyoming, never has been, 2. Her big claim to fame is she is a DC insider, 3. She can get lots of money from special interest groups.  We have a lot of folks in Wyoming that are very proud of the fact that Dick Cheney is a local boy.  Him and his wife grew up in Casper and graduated from high school in Casper.  They got married here.  Even though his job took him away, he always kept a home and some land here.  They came back for vacations and family gatherings.  In other words Dick Cheney was a native son.  His kids on the other hand, aren't. 

Wyoming residents are basically cowboys, coal miners and oil field trash.  I've been all three.  We get that the rest of the county sees us as some sort of cross between Brokeback Mountain and Deliverance.   We understand your point of view, and we don't give a damn.  What we do care about is the fact that the people who represent us are in some small way LIKE US, at least in basic beliefs.  That's not Liz Perry.  Pretending to be from Wyoming and then running against the most conservative politician we have just because his seat is up for election this year isn't the way to win our hearts and minds. 

Mrs. Perry has only been able to get about 17% support in the polls of likely republican primary voters.  That's less than 1 in 5.  I know every time they call me, I tell them how much I ain't gonna vote for her.  I suspect that the other 83% of the folks they've been calling have said basically the same things I have.  It looks like all her big money inside the beltway friends can do basic math.  I wonder just exactly how successful the fundraising has been.

It will be interesting to see if little mrs pretends to be from Wyoming will take her campaign funds and retire or if she will come back and try to unseat RINO Cynthia (Doom Us) Loomis next election cycle.  I doubt that she will be able to make a successful run at our other Senator John Barraso. 

No comments:

Post a Comment