All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

3/25/2015

Cops

DEA officer stops at a ranch in Texas, and talks with an old rancher.. He tells the rancher, "I need to inspect your ranch for ill*gally grown dr*gs."

The rancher says, "Okay , but do not go in that field over there," as he points out the location.

The DEA officer verbally explodes saying, "Mister, I have the authority of the Federal Government with me." Reaching into his rear pants pocket, he removes his badge and proudly displays it to the rancher. "See this badge? This badge means I am allowed to go wherever I wish.... On any land.. No questions asked or answers given. Have I made myself clear? Do you understand? "

The rancher nods politely, apologizes, and goes about his chores
.
A short time later, the old rancher hears loud screams and sees the DEA officer running for his life chased by the rancher's big Santa Gertrudis Bull......

With every step the bull is gaining ground on the officer, and it seems likely that he'll get gored before he reaches safety. The officer is clearly terrified.

The rancher throws down his tools, runs to the fence and yells at the top of his lungs.....

"Your badge... Show him your badge!!"

7 comments:

  1. I have seen this joke before, and it never gets old for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WaterBoy12:07 PM

    Sayeth the bull:

    "Badges?!? We don't heed no stinkin' badges!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WB, The accent is even correct

      Delete
  3. WaterBoy2:13 PM

    Accent?

    *blink*

    You've...heard...bulls speak before, then?

    *blink*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard a lot of bull before.

      Delete
  4. I wonder how Outlaw is doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a personal email address for him, but he hasn't responded to my email. I'll send him another email, but last he said, he wasn't expecting to see Easter.

      Nate, or JAC might have a better contact for him than I do.

      Delete