All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

3/13/2015

GFF A Good Long Time



"They just need to be together".

We just need to know that its not only possible, but a grand thing and a worthy way to live ones life.

1 comment:

  1. If it weren't for the fact that my FIL has the dementia, this could be my in laws. He is in a wheelchair because of heart issues, and she uses a walker, but there is still a lot of joy left for them.

    When a couple has had that much water go under their bridge Res, to try to separate them from each other is probably one of the most cruel and evil things to play on a couple like this. My in laws will celebrate their 68th come the end of June. I know how entwined my soul is with my own hubby's but I can't wrap my head around that milestone quite yet.

    My Pastor played an experiment on his congregation one Sunday. He had a woman try and take two pieces of paper apart that had been glued together.
    Until you watch that, the passage in the wedding service about "coming together as one" is just words. When you are married for even just 38 years, it is hard to imagine being apart.

    ReplyDelete