All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

3/17/2015

St. Drunk on Green Beer Day


I don't know about the kid, but the snake is.

I started to Google "drunk irish" looking for some fun St. Patty's Day bits, and it auto finished my inquiry with the word "baby".  How messed up is that?



Padraic Flaherty came home drunk every evening toward ten. Now, the Missus was never too happy about it, either. So one night she hides in the cemetery and figures to scare the beejeezus out of him.

As poor Pat wanders by, up from behind a tombstone she jumps in a red devil costume screaming, "Padraic Sean Flaherty, sure and ya' don't give up you're drinkin' and it's to Hell I'll take ye'".

Pat, undaunted, staggered back and demanded,  "Who the hell ARE you?".

To that the Missus replied, "I'm the divil ya' damned old fool".

To which Flaherty remarked, "Damned glad to meet you sir, I'm married to yer sister."


An Englishman asked an Irishman to show him the biggest building in an Irish town.

"There it is now" said the Irishman, "isn't it a fine structure entirely?"

"Is that your biggest building?" asked the Englishman.

"Why back in England we have buildings over a hundred times the size of that!" 

"I'm not surprised," said the Irishman,"that's the llunatic asylum."

Don't worry, I've got something queued up for tomorrow too.  I just don't remember what it is.

2 comments:

  1. Susan5:52 PM

    I still have a photo around someplace of my daughter when she was about 18 months old. She was throwing a foot stomper because we would not give her another swallow. It was kind of comical, with the scowling face and all.

    She did like to swig out of daddy's beer glass. Don't know why, but kids love the taste of beer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seldom drink and when I do my children are rarely around. I remember one time that I had a glass of something and they wanted a taste. They made such faces and spit out the sip they had. It was funny. I'm kinda glad though, I'd rather they didn't like the stuff.

    I on the other hand loved my first sip of beer. I hated my first whiskey. Whiskey was used medicinally when I was a kid and I hated everything about it.

    ReplyDelete