All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

3/27/2015

GFF-Misc

I kinda like doing the GFF posts.  Most weeks its easy to get down over the news.  Thursday night is fun.  Most of the news stories I find are pure fluff.  Even if I just check out a dozen or so they generally leave me with a smile.

Here is a menagerie from this week.

Man Wins $7 Million From Lottery Ticket Tucked Inside Get-Well Card

I hope he remembers to give his dad one heck of a fathers day gift.

When No One RSVP'd To This Teen's Birthday Bash, Thousands Of Internet Heroes Partied With Him Instead

The kid has autism and doesn't have many friends, but other folks remembered that sometimes its tough to be a kid and they came through.

Calif. Teen Arrives Home Youngest Person to Sail Solo Around World

It's a cool homeschooling story.  There is no way my mother would have let me done this at 16.

 
Not really a GFF story but some issues are important enough to get a mention even if off topic.
 
I hope ya'll had a great week this last week.  Spring has sprung here in Wyo and I've got tons of projects calling my name.  With any luck I'll be able to pretend I can't hear them.

3 comments:

  1. WaterBoy9:09 AM

    It's a nice thing to go into the weekend on a positive note. Thanks for your contributions.

    "I've got tons of projects calling my name. With any luck I'll be able to pretend I can't hear them."

    Same here. Winter wind blew down part of the fence, dead tree limbs fallen down all over the place, a garden full of weeds from last year when we didn't plant...and I'm looking forward to a new boat and weekends at the lake, instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunshine and the smell of new blossoms in the air can really mess up a person's hearing big time.

    Nice thing is, your kids should be old enough, or at least nearly so, to start helping dad with some of those projects. Quality time together, doncha know.

    I am with WaterBoy on your GFF posts. I like them very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quality time together, doncha know.

    OR I could just try to get them done. Cleaning the garage isn't something I want help with, because I actually like to know where my stuff is. Scooping a yard full of winter dog poop isn't something I'm likely to get any help with either. I like having my day off each week but there is too much to do and not enough time to do it.

    ReplyDelete