All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

4/03/2015

50 Years Ago Today

I used to listen to Paul Harvey on the radio.  There was something about his semi-southern sounding voice and straight forward speaking that rang true.  Even as a kid I enjoyed "The Rest of the Story".

50 years ago today he aired this bit of wisdom:


Listen and weep.

4 comments:

  1. I always enjoyed Paul Harvey and his "rest of the story". Especially if he happened to come on the radio on a road trip. Never failed to provide or provoke a good conversation after his show.

    I think I liked him because I always pictured him as being from right smack in the middle of fly over Country. He always had a talent to cut through the muck and malarkey that made up the nonsense of much of our culture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WaterBoy3:20 PM

    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan1:03 PM

    Res, I don't know if you have had a chance to read it yet, but there is a post about the passing of Outlaw X, and a link to his trouncing of Medved. Vox just put it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Susan,

    Outlaw had stopped responding to my email sometime ago. I figured he was either gone or had gotten too bad to get on the computer.

    ReplyDelete