All in the Family featured the curmudgeonly Archie Bunker. Archie was television’s most famous grouch, blunt, blustering, straightforward and untouched by the PC crowd. He was the archetype of the conservative male. Michael desprately tried to reeducate him, but he persisted in his breviloquence.



Looking back at the last 40 years, we realize: ARCHIE WAS RIGHT!

4/03/2015

GFF-Obituary Edition

If you were to write your own obituary what would it say?

Emily Philips wrote her own, and they published it, which is too bad because I never knew her and she sounds like a great person.  I've known women like her.  I liked them.  I assume I would have liked her.  An excerpt:
So…I was born; I blinked; and it was over. 
It pains me to admit it, but apparently, I have passed away. Everyone told me it would happen one day but that's simply not something I wanted to hear, much less experience. Once again I didn't get things my way! That's been the story of my life all my life.
The whole thing is here.

Memento Mori


OK I admit its not a chipper post.  Your eyes may mist a bit if you read the whole thing.  I'm glad there are women known affectionately as "nana banana".  The world is a better place when playing "get my hinny" is a childish game and not sexual innuendo.

There is something simply "good" about plain folks doing average things.  "Just one more, and no more" is something a kid says to get a cookie.  That moment is worth baking a thousand batches of cookies to hear.  Good Folks are average folks doing good stuff.

The world is a better place because of grandmas and cookies and games of get my hinny. 

2 comments:

  1. People like this woman are who are the foundation of this Country, who built this Country in the beginning, and are proof why huge urban areas and population zones are so against what God wants for us.

    People like this woman are found all over middle America. I don't mean to denigrate urban dwellers, but I would be just shocked to find anyone who is like this woman in their communities. Urban dwelling is a very isolating way to live. You just don't have the human contact with each other that you do when you live in small towns or rural.

    There was a good reason why God scattered the population when they tried to build the infamous Tower. God knew then that trouble abounds when massive amounts of population gather together in the rabbit hutches they call cities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:29 AM

      Susan,
      Your post needs a "like" button.

      Delete