The date of my writing this is April 23, 2015. It's about 3:30 in the afternoon. I'm scheduling the post to appear on 4/26/15, because I will be working that day and unable to post.
I just finished posting a rant about Churches facilitating illegal migration with public money, and then not liking it when they are told to do things that go against their religion. There are several thoughts that popped into my head when I was writing that post.
1. Christians are becoming almost useless in modern American culture. Not because they don't have a contribution to make, but because they compromise with the culture instead of standing in contrast to it.
2. The handful of Christians who are truly counter cultural in terms of faith and action are increasingly demonized and ostracized in the media and public forum.
3. No other religious group is treated this way in America.
4. The only religious group facing wide spread social persecution in America today are Christians.
5. We are constantly reminded that the Constitution prohibits the Christian faith form receiving any public support or practice. This rule does not apply to other religions which can be taught in the public schools.
My prediction is that within my life time we will hear America's talking heads proclaim that it is acceptable to promote and practice Islam with public support and funding because the Constitution prohibits "Church and State" not "Mosque and State". Worse they will do it earnestly and with a straight face. Worst yet, Americans so dumbed down by public education and common core curriculum will buy the lie.